– To qualify you need to have a full license from any registered province/state with a minimum age of over 23 years.
– If you are between the age of 23 and 25, an underage daily fee may apply.
– In Ontario you must have a “G” license or a “G2” license to qualify. In addition you must present a major credit card with the renter’s name.
– The destination must be mentioned at the time of rental due to insurance regulations.
– A valid driver’s license from the renter’s/driver’s country of origin.
– A valid passport.
– A valid major credit card with the renter’s name.
– Yes. The renter should have a valid major credit card under his/her name. No cash rentals will be accepted. We also do not accept any pre-paid cards.
– We must also be able to pre approve your credit card prior to renting a vehicle. (Pre-approval fee may vary depending on the length of the rental.)
– If you don’t have your own transferable auto insurance policy, you will need to contact your insurance provider to confirm and understand your coverage prior to renting the vehicle. The insurance company will not provide us any details due to privacy policies.
– If you do not purchase collision damage waiver, you are responsible for any damage to the rented vehicle.
– If you purchase collision damage waiver, we will waive a portion of our right to collect from you for the damage to the rented vehicle caused by collisions. (Deductible only).
– There are some exclusions from the collision damage waiver which includes comprehensive losses such as fire, theft, vandalism, floods, hail or acts of God. We can elect not to rent to you if you do not present proof of transferable auto liability and physical damage insurance coverage.
– If you wish to add coverage to your credit card insurance, you will need to contact your credit card company for further details as most cards have restrictions on the value of the vehicle, make, model and type. Commercial vehicles such as cargo vans, cube trucks and luxury cars are not covered under your credit card policy.
– The renter must also ensure that the card is paid and up to date as the credit card company could decline coverage if the card holder has breached any contracts.
– Please ensure you call your insurance and credit card companies for more details. If you prefer to purchase our insurance, the Customer Service Representative will provide more options and details.
Business hours may vary by location. Please call the nearest location for more details.
– Yes, there are mileage restrictions for local renters with a limit of 200 km per day, 1400 per week regardless of border restrictions with a maximum of 3000 km per rental period. For foreign residents, kilometers are unlimited up to 3000km as long as the vehicle stays within the province.
– Additional kilometers over the stipulated limits, will cost $0.20 per km.
Any changes to the reservation or rental may result in a change of rate or additional fees. Makes/models are examples only and are not guaranteed. If you require multiple vehicles for the same or overlapping time periods, please ensure a different name is used for each reservation; otherwise the duplicate name reservation will automatically be cancelled. We will not be responsible for any cancelled reservations and a charge will apply.
Non prepaid reservations are held for 1 hour from the original time of pick up.
– Pick up and drop off services are only available within a 3km radius from the rental office location during business hours. Please call the location near you for details.
– We do offer after hours services. Please contact the rental desk for further information by calling the appropriate location phone numbers.
– If the vehicle is dropped off after business hours, the renter will be charged until the beginning of the next business day and until the vehicle is inspected by a CSR.
This service is not available at present.
– If your reservation was confirmed directly with United Car and Truck Rental, either online or by phone, please use the same source to cancel your reservation before 48 hours from original reservation; otherwise cancellation fees may apply.
– If your reservation was confirmed through a third party (booking site, outside source, etc.) please use the same source to cancel your reservation. Some providers (booking site, outside source, etc.) may charge a cancellation fee within a specific time frame.
Available upon request.
– The renter is responsible for paying all parking tickets and charges for toll routes used.
– An additional charge of $25 administration fee may apply.
– If you have a transponder, it may or may not work with the rental car as the registered plates differ. Please ensure you contact your toll provider for more details.
– Your credit card will be billed for the amount of the infraction along with a service charge.
Chauffeur Service Only:
Toronto, Pearson Airport (YYZ)
Sri Lanka, Portugal, Greece, Morocco,
Mexico, Aruba, St Lucia